tagged: 6 random things about me
January 17, 2009
Roger over at Many Thngs, drat him, has tagged me with a meme. I'll have to think of some way to get him back. Suggestions welcome.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Rules 1 and 2 complete (see above).
Rule 3 - Six random things about myself:
- I used to want to be a writer for Marvel Comics. Or DC. I'm not that fussy. But it would be cool to work on Batman, or Green Arrow, or the X-Men. Or, even better, any of the new generation of female superheroes.
- When I was a kid, I took ballet, tap, and gymnastic lessons. I still love dance but I don't do much of it myself anymore. I do go watch it fairly often. I still have a soft spot in my heart for tap dance. And yet . . .
- The art of choreography is incomprehensible and amazing to me (see above). I can't imagine how it's done.
- I used to draw portraits in pencil and they were actually quite good. I can't draw for crap now. Practice, practice, practice!
- I write fanfic under a supersecret alias. No, I'm not telling you.
- Like Roger, I want to travel a whole lot more than I can afford to. Someday I'd like to live abroad.
Okay, so there.
And now to spread the misery:
- Rob, over at Kennebec Report
- Allyson, over at Depth of a Puddle
- Terry over at Reluctancy Waltz
Uh, and that's all I can manage, since my other friends are not self-absorbed bloggers, or paranoid that someone might discover their blogs, or only blog about important stuff like, you know, science.
Well, so much for a career writing AND drawing comics. Practice is right. Tsk tsk.
I used to a fairly good dancer, especially after several cocktails. I do enjoy attending the ballet too but don't care much about tap or folk dancing.
Sorry about the meme. This is the first one I've done in quite awhile. I usually ignore them. However, since I'm unemployed now, I thought I would annoy all my friends who still have jobs. ;-)
If the economy ever improves enough that I can sell this house, I want to start working 3-6 month contract tech writing (or other) jobs, so I can travel around the country like Dr. Richard Kimble (just without the bad stuff). Craig's List will be my friend when it comes to finding furnished rooms.
Posted by: Roger | January 17, 2009 at 04:20 PM